Thread: Missing "readme" file for EULA on USB to Serial Adapter disk.

Default Missing "readme" file for EULA on USB to Serial Adapter disk.

...so much for using Sunday to get up and running.

The electrician just finished and I was getting the Dell ready to hook up to the PRT/Alpha. The last thing I needed to do was install the USB to Serial Adapter driver and plug in the USB connection to the control box.

Well... The IOGear disk seems to be missing the EULA "readme" file that's needed to get into the set-up program for the driver. I get this "missing file" error and it kicks me out of the set-up. I can't "Explore" the disk to see if the file is there. I don't know what else to do except wait around until Monday to call ShopBot. Anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution that escapes me?

Brian email support at shopbottools they check it over weekend ,you might get lucky Bob

Hey Brian!

You might want to download the driver install package from the SB download page if you're in a hurry... I'm not sur which on of the serial adapter it is though!?

Have you tried to install from both the CD drive and a copy on the PC desktop?

Brian,

Look in the shopbot/shopbot 3 folder for a drivers folder and it should have the IOgear and Quatech drivers there. You'll have to go through device manager to update the driver for "Ports / Aten usb to serial bridge". Browse to that folder when asked for the location of the files and I think you use SERWPL.INF. Otherwise, like Paco said, you can download them from the ShopBot site under support/drivers & patches.

Wow! I went in to watch Star Trek with my kids, thinking I was dead in the water. Looks like I have some things to try. I'll look for the driver folder first. If it isn't there, I'll download to a flash drive from the SB page and load it on the ShopBot computer. Thanks!

I don't know how, but I got it to work. I downloaded the zipped file and un-zipped it on the SB computer. Tried to install but it was missing another file!!!! So, I played around with that for a while, then went back to the CD. This time the CD worked. Go figure.

Everything works, X,Y,Z & Spindle. I still have to put together a dust-collector duct run to the wall by the SB. That'll be another day. I find that it's best working on this a little every day. At a certain point, patience wears down and I'm more likely to take shortcuts.

Thanks for the help, guys. I've been lurking long enough to recognize some names. You've got quite a community here. Very helpful, very generous. That's exciting.

Until next time....